1. Name and contact data of the party responsible for the processing (relevant controller)
This Data Privacy Information applies for the data processing through:
The responsible party (controller): Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich, an institute of the Leibniz association (hereinafter: Leibniz-LSB),
Lise-Meitner-Strasse 34, 85354 Freising, Germany
Telephone: +49 8161 71-2980
Fax: +49 8161 71-2970
2. Collection and storage of personal data, as well as type and purpose of the use of personal data
a) Collection of personal data when visiting our website
When using our website purely for information, in other words if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to us. If you want to view our website we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us in order to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security (legal basis is art. 6(1) sentence 1 point (f) of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the inquiry
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data quantity transmitted
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its user interface
– Language and version of the browser software
b) When using the contact email address
For questions of any type we offer the possibility of contacting us via a contact email address. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us occurs in accordance with art. 6(1) sentence 1 point (a) of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily provided consent. The personal data that we collect for contacting will be deleted automatically after we have dealt with the inquiry you have placed.
4. Integration of third-party services and content
Use of YouTube plugins (videos)
5. The rights of those affected
You have the right:
• In accordance with art. 15 of the GDPR to demand information from us concerning your personal data that is processed by us. In particular, you can demand information concerning the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, restriction of, or objection to the processing, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, and concerning the existence of an automated decision-making procedure, including profiling and if necessary you can demand meaningful information concerning the details thereof;
• In accordance with art. 16 of the GDPR you have the right to demand the immediate correction or completion of your personal data stored by our company;
• In accordance with art. 17 of the GDPR you have the right to demand deletion of your personal data stored by us, if the processing is not required for the exercise of the right of free expression of opinion and information, for fulfillment of a legal obligation or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
• In accordance with art. 18 of the GDPR you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, you however refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, you however need the information for establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or if in accordance with art. 21 of the GDPR you have lodged an objection to the processing;
• In accordance with art. 20 of the GDPR you have the right to demand that you receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, prevalent and machine-readable format or transmission of said personal data to a different responsible party (controller);
• In accordance with art. 7(3) of the GDPR you have the right to revoke at any time the consent that you have granted to us. This has as its consequence that we are no longer allowed for the future to continue with the data processing on which this consent was based and
• In accordance with art. 77 of the GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory government agency. As a rule, for this purpose you can contact the responsible supervisory government agency for your usual place of residence or workplace.
6. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with art. 6(1) sentence 1 point (f) of the GDPR, you have the right as set forth in art. 21 of the GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data that arises from your particular situation or that is directed to the objection against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specification of a particular situation. If you want to exercise your right of revocation or objection, an email to contact.leibniz-lsbtum.REMOVE-THIS.de suffices.
7. Data security
This website uses an SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content that you send to us as operator of this website. You can identify an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock icon in your browser line. When the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
8. Topicality and amendment of this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid and has the status of May 2018. Through the further development of our website and offerings thereby provided, or due to changed statutory or government agency requirements it may be necessary to amend this Data Privacy Statement. You can call-up and print-out the current Data Privacy Statement at any time on the website at https://www.leibniz-lsb.de/en/un/data-protection-policy/.